The initials EIFS stand for Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems. The design of EIFS offers continuous insulation which gives the architects the aesthetics and design flexibility that they need most. It allows them to meet the requirements of the new energy codes by offering continuous insulation.
According to the definition that is provided ASTM and the international building code, EIFS is a non-load-bearing exterior cladding system that comprises an insulation board that is either attached mechanically or adhesively or both to a substrate; a textured protective finish coat; and an integrally reinforced base coat.
Another EIFS system is EIFS with drainage which is a predominant application process. This system helps to eliminate moisture before it gets a chance to enter through the wall cavity. EIFS was introduced in the United States for the first time in the 1960s and was first applied to commercial buildings before getting to residential ones. Some of the components that make up the EIFS include;
- A water-resistive barrier for covering the substrate
- A drainage plane between the insulation board and water-resistive barrier is mainly achieved with vertical adhesive ribbons that are applied over the water-resistive barrier.
- Insulation board that is manufactured from the expanded polystyrene (EPS) that is secured mechanically or with an adhesive to the substrate
- A glass-fiver reinforcement mesh that is embedded in the base coat
- A water-resistive base coating is applied on the top section of the insulation to act as a weather barrier.
- A finish coating that uses crack-resistant and color-fast acrylic co-polymer technology
EIFS is among the well-researched and most tested claddings in the building industry. It is validated as the best performing cladding in the market. It has better performance in relation to Cementous fiberboard, stucco, and brick siding. Besides, EIFS fully complies with the modern building codes that place a lot of emphasis on energy conservation through a continuous air barrier and continuous insulation. These two elements are incorporated in modern-day EIFS to offer a reduced environmental impact and maximum energy conservation over the life of the building. Together with these functional advantages, you will also get unlimited texture, color, and decorative choices to enhance enjoyment and the curb appeal of almost any structure or home.
Here is a list of our services you can get at California EIFS Stucco Texturing Repair Services:
Request for a free quote from our EIFS Stucco Texturing Repair company now! We also service all cities throughout California! Below is a list of cities where we offer our EIFS Stucco Texturing Repair Services: